Projectors are an integral part of modern homes. They allow viewers to watch movies, shows, and news on a large screen, facilitating a cinematic experience. Buying a projector doesn’t necessarily mean shelling out a huge amount of money. Modern projectors provide a large display area with excellent image quality while costing significantly lower than TVs. There are many Full HD projectors available that are priced competitively and yield great image quality. Here are the ten best affordable 1080p projectors priced between $450 – $650.
1. Optoma HD27
Optoma’s HD27 is the best choice among affordable 1080p projectors that can perform well in environments with high ambient light. It is a DLP projector with a native resolution of 1080p, making it ideal for watching Full HD content. Its brightness rating of 3,200 ANSI lumens allows the projector to project bright imagery in rooms that have high amounts of natural or artificial light.
Optoma HD27 can project a 71” image when placed at a distance of eight feet from the wall. The device supports REC.709 color space enabling it to project a wide range of colors accurately when paired with any sRGB-compatible laptop, player or console. It makes the projector a perfect option for watching movies and videos as well as browsing images.
Homeowners who want to use a media streaming device such as the Amazon Fire Stick or the Roku Streaming Stick+ won’t have to use an external power source as the HD27 projector is MHLv1.2-compliant. There are multiple connectivity options including two HDMI1.4a ports, a 3D Vesa Sync Port and an audio out port. A built-in 10W speaker further adds to the value of the projector.
- High brightness output of 3,200 ANSI lumens.
- Has a native resolution of 1080p and supports REC.709 color space.
- Comes with a built-in 10W speaker.
- Compatible with 3D glasses for watching 3D content.
- No horizontal keystone correction, only vertical.
- Limited connection interfaces as compared to other projectors.
- No lens shift capability.
2. ViewSonic PJD7828HDL
The ViewSonic PJD7828HDL projector is an alternate option for rooms with high ambient light. It is a Full HD projector that outputs images in 1080p resolution. The device is based on DLP technology and has a lamp with a brightness rating of 3,200 ANSI lumens. Its brightness rating makes it ideal for watching movies and videos in rooms with high amounts of ambient light.
It supports a throw ratio range of 1.15-1.5 and can project imagery ranging from 30” to 300”. Its short-throw ratio makes it ideal for medium-sized rooms. The SuperColor technology facilitates richer images by supporting a wide color gamut. It allows viewers to watch 3D content when paired with compatible 3D glasses.
Image correction features on the ViewSonic PJD7828HDL include vertical keystone correction and 1.3x manual zoom with manual optical focus, allowing for flexible installation. A built-in 10W speaker serves as an alternative to surround sound system.
Connectivity options are plenty including an HDMI1.4 port, an HDMI MHL port, USB ports, a VGA out port, a composite RCA video in, an S-Video in, and 3.5mm audio out and audio in jacks.
- High brightness rating of 3,200 ANSI Lumens.
- Projects imagery in 1080p resolution for Full HD content.
- 1.3X zoom improves installation flexibility.
- Wide variety of ports for connectivity.
- Color accuracy is not as good as other projectors in a similar price range.
- Not that great for watching sports due to lack of CFI.
- Lacks horizontal keystone correction.
3. Optoma HD143X
The Optoma HD143X is another affordable projector that can be used in environments with high ambient light. It is a Full HD DLP projector with a native resolution of 1080p. The projector has a brightness rating of 3,000 ANSI lumens which makes it ideal for different installation scenarios including rooms where ambient light can’t be controlled.
The HD143X supports 3D content and can be paired with Active Shutter 3D Glasses. Its Dynamic Black feature ensures excellent black levels in projected imagery. The six-segment color wheel enhances the richness of images. It supports REC.709 color standard in its reference display mode allowing for excellent color representation in projected imagery.
It comes with a pair of HDMI ports with MHL support, a USB port, a 3D-sync port, and an audio-out port. The vertical keystone correction feature enables users to adjust imagery. Its lens supports an optical zoom of 1.1x which is limited when considering the specifications of a few other projectors. The built-in 10W speaker is handy when using the projector in another room or backyard.
- Projects in 1080p resolution with 3,000 ANSI lumens rated brightness.
- Excellent color and black level reproduction with 23,000:1 contrast ratio.
- Unprecedented rated lamp life of up to 15,000 hours.
- Low input lag makes it excellent for gaming.
- Fairly limited connection interfaces in comparison to other models of projectors.
- 1.1x zoom lens limits the options for installation.
- No horizontal keystone correction.
4. XGIMI Z6 Polar
The XGIMI Z6 Polar is one of the best affordable projectors that comes packed with premium features. It is a complete entertainment solution designed to replace TVs. The Z6 Polar is a 1080p DLP projector that allows viewers to watch content in Full HD. It is capable of projecting imagery up to 180”. It has a brightness rating of 700 ANSI lumens and will work best in environments with low to moderate ambient light. The projector supports 3D content and comes with active shutter 3D vision technology. It is a smart device that has the GMUI operating system and enables users to install apps from the Aptoide store.
The Z6 Polar boasts of features like fast autofocus with an HD camera for ensuring crystal clear imagery. It supports both horizontal and vertical keystone correction up to ±40°. These features make the projector easy to install and setup. It comes with built-in Harmon Kardon speakers that yield decent sound quality. They can also be used in standalone audio mode.
It has Bluetooth and dual-band Wi-Fi for connecting to wireless networks and streaming content via the Internet. Additional connection ports include an HDMI ARC port, a USB2.0 port, and a headphone jack.
- GMUI OS allows users to install applications.
- Fast autofocus with an HD camera and horizontal and vertical keystone correction.
- Multiple connectivity options with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in addition to HDMI and USB.
- Harmon Kardon speakers provide decent sound quality.
- Features GMUI and not the Android TV OS.
- Users can only access the Aptoide store and not the Google Play for installing apps.
- May not project imagery efficiently in environments with moderate or high ambient light.
5. Epson 2045
The Epson 2045 is one of the best affordable projectors for viewers who want a projector that allows them to stream content wirelessly from different devices. It is a 1080p projector that uses 3LCD technology for projecting imagery. It utilizes three LCD chips for producing crisp and clear images with excellent colors without any rainbow effect. Epson claims a rating of 2,200 ANSI lumens, allowing the projector to perform well in environments with medium ambient light. Its Dynamic Iris and CFI – smooth motion make it ideal for watching sports.
One of the significant selling points of the Epson 2045 projector is its ability to stream content wirelessly via MiraCast and Intel WiDi. Users can play content from compatible wireless devices. It has a pair of HDMI ports and supports MHL devices like Chromecast and Roku as well.
The Epson 2045 projector has auto vertical keystone correction and manual horizontal keystone correction of up to ±30° each which facilitate flexible installation. Connection ports on the projector include two HDMI ports, a USB Type A port and RCA ports. It also has a built-in 5W speaker for using the projector in temporary settings. The Epson 2045 is a great option for buyers who find rainbow effects in a DLP projector irritating or those who want wireless streaming capability.
- Full HD 1080 projector with 2,200 ANSI lumens brightness rating.
- Excellent color reproduction without any rainbow effect due to 3LCD technology.
- Wireless content streaming via MiraCast and Intel WiDi.
- Black levels not as good as some of the other projectors on this list.
- Poorer contrast as compared to DLP projectors.
- Completely lacks lens shift.
6. JMGO N7L
The JMGO N7L is a perfect choice for buyers who are looking for a smart projector that provides a comprehensive entertainment solution. It is a 1080p DLP projector that uses an LED light source with 700 ANSI lumens brightness rating. Users can watch movies and shows in Full HD resolution. It has a throw ratio of 1.2:1 and can be used to project images up to 180”.
The N7L is a smart device that comes with the JMGO OS based on Android platform. It enables users to install applications for streaming content or other tasks. The device comes with a quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of eMMC storage. It has dual-band Wi-Fi as well as an RJ45 Ethernet port for connecting to the Internet. Additional connectivity options include an HDMI port, a pair of USB ports and an audio port.
The JMGO N7L has premium features including autofocus and horizontal and vertical keystone correction of up to ±45° which increase installation flexibility. The projector can project decent quality imagery and is ideal for users who need a smart projector for their living room.
- Comes with JMGO OS that enables users to install streaming applications.
- Features auto focus and horizontal and vertical keystone correction of up to ±45°.
- Dual-band Wi-Fi for wireless connectivity in addition to RJ45 Ethernet port.
- Can be used as a standalone Bluetooth speaker.
- Extremely lightweight at 1.2kgs.
- 700 ANSI lumens brightness may be low for moderate or high ambient light environments.
- Lightweight and portable but no built-in battery.
- No Android TV OS.
7. BenQ HT1070A
The BenQ HT1070A is one of the best affordable projectors designed primarily for home theatres. It is a DLP projector with a native resolution of 1080p which makes it ideal for watching Full HD content. Its brightness rating of 2,200 lumens will suffice for most environments except those with high amounts of ambient light.
The lens of the projector supports 1.2x zoom which is quite handy. Vertical keystone correction up to ±40° is available for rectifying projected imagery. There are multiple connections options on the BenQ HT1070A including two HMDI 1.4a ports, a D-Sub port, a USB Type mini B port, and 3.5mm audio in and audio out jacks.
The HT1070A shines best when watching movies and videos. It is excellent at projecting 3D content as well making it ideal for home theatres. It has a REC.709 coverage of 96% which allows it to produce images with richer colors. It won’t function as well for tasks involving texts.
- Great home theatre projector with 1080p resolution and 2,200 lumens brightness.
- Vertical keystone correction up to ±40° and 1.2x lens zoom.
- Excellent for watching 3D content.
- Multiple I/O connectors including HDMI, D-Sub, USB type mini B, and 3.5mm audio ports.
- The built-in 2W speaker is below par as compared to other projectors.
- Lacks horizontal keystone correction.
- No support for MHL devices like Roku Express, Chromecast, or Amazon Fire Stick.
8. Optoma EH334
The Optoma EH334 is another choice for buyers seeking the best affordable projectors with high lumens rating. It is a DLP projector with a brightness rating of 3,600 ANSI lumens. Its native resolution of 1080p allows viewers to watch Full HD content. The projector supports REC.709 and sRGB color standards for ensuring accurate representation of colors.
The 1.1x lens zoom and vertical keystone correction of the Optoma EH334 increase installation freedom. Its built-in 10W speaker allows users to watch movies without requiring external speakers. There are multiple I/O connectors provided including an HDMI port with MHL, a VGA port, a USB port, and audio-in and audio-out jacks. Users can directly attach media streaming devices like Google Chromecast or Roku Streaming Stick+.
The Optoma EH334 is a robust projector that performs equally well as a home theatre projector as well as a business projector. Buyers who need a versatile projector for work and personal use can consider the Optoma EH334.
- A 1080p projector with 3,600 ANSI lumens brightness rating.
- Supports sRGB and REC.709 color profiles.
- Performs equally well for business, professionals and home users.
- Multiple I/O connectors including HDMI with MHL, VGA, and USB.
- Contrast ratio lower as compared to a few other competing projector models.
- Only vertical keystone correction and no horizontal keystone correction.
9. AAXA M6
The AAXA M6 is one of the best affordable projectors which will suit buyers who want a portable projector. It is a 1080p DLP projector with a small footprint, weighing only 2.5lbs. The device makes use of three distinct LED light sources (red, blue and green each). It has a brightness rating of 1,200 lumens when plugged-in and 500 lumens on battery. It can project videos as well as text with excellent clarity and sharpness.
The AAXA M6 features a built-in media player that can be used for playing video or audio files as well as browsing text documents and images from a USB drive or micro SD card. It comes with HDMI, VGA, and composite A/V ports as well. Its built-in battery makes the AAXA M6 a great option for users who prefer a portable device but don’t want to compromise on quality. It provides a runtime of up to 90 minutes.
- Lightweight and portable projector that is quick to set up and easy to use.
- Decent image quality for home and business use.
- Comes with a media player that allows users to play files from a USB drive or micro SD card.
- Built-in battery with a runtime of up to 90 minutes.
- Lower brightness rating as compared to lamp projectors especially on battery.
- Weak 2W stereo speakers with below-par audio quality.
- No image correction features like keystone correction.
- Can’t connect to wireless or wired networks for Internet access.
10. BenQ TH617ST
The BenQ TH617ST is one of the ten best affordable projectors for people who are willing to spend a little more money. It is a home theatre projector targeted specifically towards people who like to game on their projectors. The projector has an input lag of 16.67ms which is great for enthusiasts and casual gamers alike. It is a 1080p DLP projector with a native resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. The device can also project 3D content. It uses a lamp as a light source and has a brightness rating of 3,000 ANSI lumens which is great for environments with high ambient light. Its ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the brightness of the projector.
The BenQ TH617ST has a short throw ratio which enables it to project 100” imagery at a distance of 1.5m from the screen or wall. It makes the projector ideal for small and medium-sized rooms. It also supports 1.2x lens zoom and vertical keystone correction of up to ±40° allowing for flexible installation.
There are multiple I/O ports on the BenQ TH617ST including two HDMI 1.4a ports, two D-sub ports (one for input other for monitor output), USB Type A port and 3.5mm audio-in and audio-out jacks. Its built-in 5W speaker can be used if required. The BenQ TH617ST is a great home theatre projector for people who game often.
- Full HD 1080p projector with 3,000 ANSI lumens brightness rating.
- Short throw ratio with 1.2x lens zoom and vertical keystone correction of ±40°.
- Low input lag of 16.67ms makes it ideal for gaming.
- Ambient light sensor automatically adjusts brightness.
- Slightly more expensive ($700) as compared to other projectors on this list.
- Contrast not as good as some other projectors.
- No horizontal keystone correction.
- USB Type A port is only for supplying power to HDMI devices and can’t support storage media.